What do you need?
- New opportunity for HIPPY families - sign up this week
- New directors on MDAS Board
- MDAS gets a flying start to Relay for Life
- More >>
Healthy for Life Program
Healthy For Life Program
Healthy for Life is an Australian Government program aimed at improving the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and delivered by Mallee District Aboriginal Services.
It provides a place for Aboriginal people to get advice about their health matters.
It also aims to support mothers with babies or young children, and people with chronic or complex diseases that are over-representated in Indigenous communties.
The program aims, delivers innovative programs aimed at improving general health and well-being, and over time, to reduce the incidence of chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes and heart disease.
The objectives of Healthy for Life are:
- To increase the availability of child and maternal health care;
- Improvement in prevention, early detection and management of chronic disease;t
- To improve long-term health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians; and
- Increase the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce.
Healthy for Life is available through the "Along the Murray" consortium in communities including Dareton, Mildura, Robinvale, Balranald, Swan Hill and Kerang.