What do you need?
- MDAS joins 'ice' research partnership
- Driving home the message to butt out!
- Reducing stigma, creating awareness of PND
- More >>
Drug & Alcohol Counselling
Alcohol and Other Drugs/Social and Emotional Wellbeing
The Alcohol and Other Drugs/Social and Emotional Wellbeing (AOD/SEW) program is delivered by Mallee District Aboriginal Services at Mildura, Swan Hill and Kerang.
It offers counselling and support to clients experiencing drug and alcohol or mental health problems and support and services to the families of clients.
As with all our services, the drug and alcohol and mental health programs take a holistic approach to supporting clients in managing drug, alcohol, mental health or other issues.
The service offers counselling and support to Koori clients and their families as well as referral to other health and family services programs.
- Support /Counseling /Assessment and development of Individual Treatment Plans
- Health Assessment by AOD Clinical Nurse
- Referral to a variety of other Mallee District Aboriginal Services professionals (Counselling by Aboriginal Health Service Psychologist, Supported Accommodation Assistance Program, Other MDAS Health and Integrated Family Services programs as required)
- Setting achievable goals with clients and working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- Collaboration and consultation with other agencies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client
- Advocacy and support at court for clients actively participating in the program
- Referral of and coordination for travel for clients to and from detoxification and rehabilitation facilities
- Coordinating client access to community-run projects in relation to their goal achievement targets
- Needle and syringe program
- Preventative Programs: Get On-board – “GO” (8 – 12 year old prevention program)