How do I apply?

How do I apply

How to apply for a Work Experience or Student Placement with MDAS

To Submit an application:

  1. Find a MDAS Work Experience placement that interests you, and that you are able to attend. Details of placements can be found under the What's On Offer? section.
  2. Complete the MDAS Work Experience Application Form (PDF) or Work Experience Application Form (Word)
  3. Submit the completed application form to

Note: The Work Experience Application Form is not an agreement to a work experience or student placement with MDAS. A placement can only be confirmed once a Work Experience Agreement Form has been agreed to by all parties and signed by our MDAS Human Resources Officer.

What happens next:

  1. MDAS will advise your Work Experience Coordinator (secondary placements) or yourself (tertiary placements) in writing if your application is accepted.
  2. If accepted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance and a Work Experience Agreement (WEA) form.
  3. To accept the work experience offer:

- complete the WEA form;

- have it signed by yourself, your parent/guardian (if you are under the age of 18) and/or your school principal; and

- return it to your Work Experience Coordinator (secondary placements only).

  1. Your Work Experience Coordinator/self will submit your Work Experience Agreement form to MDAS for approval.
  2. Once the Agreement is approved by MDAS, your school/self will be provided with a copy of the approved Work Experience Agreement form plus information related to the placement.

Note: Contact your Work Experience Coordinator with any queries related to your application.

Withdrawing an application:

If you have submitted an application and no longer wish to be considered for the Work Experience Program, you must:

- Withdraw your application via email to or in writing to the Human Resource Officer, Mallee District Aboriginal Services, PO Box 5134, Mildura, Vic, 3502

Don't have a computer?

If you do not have access to a home computer to complete your application for placement, the application form can be obtained from any MDAS office and submitted in person or in writing to the Human Resource Officer, Mallee District Aboriginal Services, PO Box 5134, Mildura, Vic, 3502.

Back to Work Experience homepage